sábado, 13 de julho de 2024

A TEACHER'S OUTLET: THE TRIALIZATION OF STUDENTS AND EDUCATION!

A TEACHER'S OUTLET: THE TRIALIZATION OF STUDENTS AND EDUCATION!


My name is Raphael Paiva, I'm 34 years old and I've been a Professor for seven years. I have had and still have different types of students, the most varied. And the most interesting thing is that each student is a totally different universe from each other. But there are some points that leave me disappointed, and the main one is the lack of commitment of these last generations to studies. These last two generations have everything at their disposal, everything is easy, but they make a point of not worrying. In my time (Yes! I'm nostalgic! lol), there wasn't so much technology and, for example, to do work, my group would stay in the School Library researching. Nowadays, there are schools that don't even have a library. What is happening? In my time, the Teacher gave the material and exercises on the board and the students were able to copy everything, do it, correct it and show it to the Teacher. Nowadays, everything is a photo. The teacher passes the material on the board, the student takes a photo. The teacher corrected a question, the student takes a photo. What is happening?
 
I'm not here criticizing technology. It would be very hypocritical of me, especially because I use it a lot. But what I criticize is the trivialization of... everything. The student arrives at school, doesn't pay attention, doesn't copy anything, lives on cheating and, worse, most of the time, those responsible know. What is happening? When the School is Public, the criticism that is made is that Education is precarious! And it's true! And when the School is Private? And when the Education Network provides the student with absolutely everything!? What's the excuse? A generation that isn't ashamed to tell their parents that they only got a good grade because they cheated. In my time, if I said this, it would be a slap or, at the very least, a 'snide'. Oh! You, Professor, don't dare call those responsible to talk. There is still a risk that you will become the villain of the story, and could be persecuted and even fired.
 
Maybe I'm outraged by this whole situation because, when I was a student, I dedicated myself to the maximum. I didn't miss anything, I copied everything, I did everything. Low score? Yes! Took. In the first Physics test in the 1st year of High School (Kinematics) I got 0.5! What a disappointment! But everything was new, several teachers, several subjects. I completed Technical High School in Accounting at FAETEC - ETEOT. On the second test, I studied so hard that I got a 9.5! The only time I was in recovery was in Literature in the 2nd quarter of the 2nd year of High School. I couldn't understand Romanticism (lol). Furthermore, he had a relationship with the teachers. I still have contact with elementary and high school teachers to this day. Nowadays, students (many) don't make the slightest point of getting closer to educators. What is happening?
 
And it goes much deeper! I've seen students aged 15, 16 posting videos on social media driving a car, going to travel to the Lagos Region, and those responsible know. What creation is this that can do everything? What creation is this that does not have a shred of responsibility towards the primordial, which is Education? In fact, what creation is this that has no responsibility for anything? The focus is on enjoying, going for a walk, traveling, kissing, hooking up. I keep reflecting: could it be that these parents (40, 50 years old) were so repressed in the past that today they want to do everything for their child!? What goes through a father/mother's head to never say 'No' to their child!? What kind of son/citizen does he want to raise?
 
Last week, a student arrived at my house for a private lesson without a book, without a notebook, without the contents, without a pencil case. She arrived with a sheet with two exercises (it was the work that the Physics teacher had given to the class). I asked about material, and she said it wasn't necessary. When reading the work question, I saw that it was content that we had not studied yet (Thermodynamics). When I asked about the content, she diverted the topic. What is happening? I had a student who didn't pay attention in class, didn't copy the material, and, at most, took a photo of the board. One day he came to my house and sent me the photos. He still wanted me to put the photos in order. This same student once had me type up the article and print it out. In another class, he had lost the material. This is the level! What is happening?
 
But they understand enjoyment.. A school system makes high school graduation a big party, with the right to a five-day trip, with lots of parties, entertainment and even the presence of famous people. Parents only have to pay a little more than R$10,000.00 for golden rosemary to enjoy its well-deserved graduation. A student came to tell me about this trip and I was asking myself: “Man, I'm sorry, but you don't deserve it! You are a mediocre student!” But many guardians think that raising a child means giving everything and always saying 'Yes'. What is happening?
 
But it could be worse! We could have students who, in addition to everything I mentioned above, still take the bus and break doors, seats and curse the driver! No... calm down... wait... that already happens! My God, what is happening?
 
Comments:
I. Of course, not all students. There are still students who care about their education, who respect educators, who know how to behave. This text is in a general context.
 
II. This text is not a criticism of technology. Like I said, I use it a lot.
 
III. In fact, the text has two focuses: the behavior of students and the behavior of those responsible.
 
IV. No! When I was a student, everything wasn’t perfect! There were poorly educated students, there were students who didn't care about school, there were the crowd from the bottom. But it has changed a lot! There was still one important word: Respect!

Raphael Paiva

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário